We are game changers
Green Mountain Adaptive Sports is a Vermont-based non-profit founded in 2010 on the belief that access to sports and recreational programs are a powerful means for people with disabilities to develop independence as well as physical and mental well-being. We focus on getting people out and having fun. We value the effect our programs have on entire families.
Our Mission is to improve the quality of life for people living with a disability residing in or visiting Vermont through access to sports and recreational activities. We also work cooperatively with our partners to enhance their ability to deliver a quality experience to persons with disabilities.
We further our mission through these services and activities:
- Provide financial assistance for Vermont residents living with permanent disabilities to facilitate access to sports and recreation.
- Host and collaborate on special events that bring adaptive athletes together with coaches, families, and friends.
- Provide grants to support advanced training to coaches working in adaptive programs.
- Provide specialized adaptive equipment.
- Provide grants to support advanced training to adaptive athletes participating in competitive sports programs.